24 February 2012

Screen Shots Of Installing Microsoft Server 2008 R2

During My Time In GMIT Castlebar, I had to do a project. The project I chose was, to build a Microsoft Server 2008 R2 from scratch both hardware and software wise.

I have started to study for Microsoft MCITP Certification, and I will doing the same again, like the project, except I will be using Vmware ESXi Virtual Server, (which is the server version of VmWare Workstation) instead of a physical machine

The first thing that needs to be done is to create a USB stick installation source instead of using a DVD to install

The advantages of using a USB stick is it only takes about 15 minutes to install Server 2008 R2, compared to 30 - 45 minutes using a DVD

There are 2 ways to do this

1)  Microsoft method using the Diskpart Utility

2) WinToFlash

Go here for instructions on how to create the USB install disk

http://repairitclinic.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-create-usb-install-disk-for_24.html

What follows, are screen shots of Installing Server 2008 R2.

No comments:

Post a Comment